I’m not even an expert about crochet, but I wanted to make this crown for my little nephew and take some pictures. I used two strings of the yarn at the same time (I didn’t find the perfect thick of yarn in the color I desired). The crochet hook is 75MM.
Here the pattern:
- First Round: knit 84 chains, fasten off.
- Second Round: 1 single crochet and 2 chains in every 3 chains, fasten off.
- Third Round: now you have 28 holes.
- In the first one knit 2 single crochet.
- Second one 1 half double crochet, 1 double crochet, 4 chains, fasten off at the beginning of this four chains. 1 double crochet and 1 half double crochet.
- Third one, 2 single crochet.
- Fourth one, 1 half double crochet, 1 double crochet, 4 chains, fasten off at the beginning of this chains. Turn your knit, in this hole knit 5 chains, 1 single crochet, 8 chains, 1 single crochet, 5 chains and 1 single crochet at the end of the hole. Now you have 3 new holes. Turn your knit and make 7 single crochet in the first one, 12 single crochet in the second one, 7 single crochet in the third one. Knit 1 double crochet and 1 half in the second round hole.
- Repeat from number 1 to 3, seven times. Fasten off and you’re done.
Spray enough starch on your crown until it’s completely wet. Put it on a round glass same size. Wait until is dry. It makes the crown stiff. If you don’t trust the starch for the chemicals on your baby you can also mix some water with corn starch or powdered gelatin and cook until is boiling.
Now is Ready! Enjoy!