My sister’s baby shower is coming and we are making some DIY stuff to decorate. One of my favorites is this framed chalkboard wall art. Do you want to do something similar?
Here what you need…
- Acrylic paint
- Mixing container
- Unsanded tile grout or plaster
- Paint stirrer
- Wooden or MDF board cut to fit in frame (Tip: You can have it cut at your local hardware store)
- Foam roller or sponge paint brush
- Paint tray
- Start mixing 1 cup of paint into a container. Add 2 tablespoons of unsanded tile grout or plaster. Mix with a paint stirrer, carefully breaking up clumps.
- Apply paint with a roller or a sponge paintbrush to the board. Let dry. Do it about 3 times for full coverage.
- Rub the side of a piece of chalk over entire surface. Wipe away residue with a barely damp sponge.
- Write or draw what you want, you can also delete everything with sponge or cloth.
- Insert chalkboard into frame.
- Hang with a ribbon nailed to the frame and then nailed to the wall.